Friday, July 1, 2016

this love

there is a love
that's simple,
that's quiet,
without any frills -

a love as real
as the soft sand
that melts my soles,
a love as self-forgetting
as looking for shells
in the circle of my eyes,
not further
down the yawning shore,
a love as wild
as the waves that laugh
and entice my heart,
hooking me
to their innocence,
a love as present
as the ebb and flow
that sift and shift
the most steadfast sands,
a love as vast
as the bleeding blue
that always slips through
the corners of my eyes;

there is a love -
this love,
who clasps my palm
in hers,
who walks with me
to leave only one set
of sunken footprints,
who whispers my name
in the silence
between the rolling waves,
calling out to me,
asking me
to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....