Thursday, September 22, 2016

a place in the sun

as I look into your flaming eyes,
I feel the warmth of home
engulf this restless skin,
forever seeking rest,
offering itself up into your light;

and as you burn down this muslin,
falling into a helpless heap of ash,
I stand before you naked now,
with the sweat and grime
of this endless journey,
sizzling in every pore and hair;

as I stand here before you,
baring it all at your blazing altar -
my desires, my shame, my denial,
my fears, my dreams, my anger,
and all those repeating patterns
of this kaleidoscope in my eyes,
the cross that's mine to bear,

I lower my head to my chest,
waiting for your blessed rays
to fall upon this weary spine,
like a ruthless sword,
slicing this skin, this heart,
as I fall from grace into Grace,
rising to stand tall, and find
a place here in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....