Friday, July 20, 2012

Kolams in my mind

I quite recently started to make this a ritual and a morning routine for myself - drawing kolams -  it was nothing to do with any religious beliefs.......but because one day while I was doing it, it suddenly dawned on me that I was thinking differently. From that day onwards, I have always watched myself and my thoughts while drawing kolams. Sometimes I find myself being very creative and thinking of drawing very different kolams outside our front door. Those days, I also find that I tend to think in different ways about everything that happens. There are some days, when my creative juices just don't flow and I resort to drawing the same old patterns from my memory. And those days I find myself creating the same old patterns of thought in my mind, for different issues that come up during the day. There are other days when the basic pattern might be the same from an old memory of a kolam drawn; but I would perhaps give it a little tweak - a little something different - my own touch. To my surprise, I find that my thought process too goes through a little tweaking! So now, every morning, when I get those few minutes to myself to draw the kolam outside our front door, I see it as a reflection of my mental state. A state of being and thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....