Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I am Unstoppable

You can cast your net
with flowery words,
you can drive me with rules
like a caged bird;
you can taunt me
with your cynical chatter,
you can build walls around me
with brick and mortar;
you can pierce me
with your cutting eyes,
you can hold me
with your unspoken lies;
you can consume every drop
that I have to give,
you can take away everything
that I hold to live;
you can rave and rant
and whisper stories,
of my craziness
and incessant worries;
you can call me names,
ignore or dismiss me,
you can step on me,
or like a doormat, use me;
but what you don't know
is what I am and can be;
you cannot hold me,
you cannot touch me;
for I have the wind
and water inside me;
I am unstoppable;
you cannot cork me;
for I am a free spirit rising,
and I am ruled by ME.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....