Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Desires

desires -
they are inside
that middle drawer
in my kitchen
that slides back out
soon after I push it back in,
again and again,
standing out
like a sore thumb,
attracting my attention,
refusing to stay
where I want it to stay -
closed shut.
but then,
it keeps me on my toes,
as I watch it carefully,
giving me space
to look in, and pull out
what I want
in a jiffy,
to lay itself open
to my roving eyes,
that have too much to see
in this busy world,
drawing them
to a fervent pause
to watch the longings -
not to put them in place
but to feel their journey
from in to out,
to that exact point
where they stop and stay,
rooted in the presence
of warm eyes
that leave them
open or shut,
all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....