Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Walk with Myself

black tar sprinkled
with fallen leaves
carry stories
of yesterday,
a splattering
of pine cones
look to tomorrow
while they rest;
wood smoke
and eucalyptus
sneak in softly
to fill the heavy air,
purple petals kissed
with morning dew
stir a sleepy heart
from its nest,
tiny seeds peep out
from quaint, hardy shells
to catch a glimpse of the world
while they wait for a start,
bird song
and impatient honks,
lead me gently
into the now;
Silence -
she takes on
many forms
on a radiant earth;
the eternal home
in every seed -
a reminder of
life and death;
I walk back home
with a glowing heart
ready to take on
a resplendent world,
I walk back home
into myself,
silence lives on and in
the spoken, unspoken word.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....