Thursday, February 26, 2015

Looking for a Pair of Eyes

I am looking
for a pair of eyes
that will look straight
into my throbbing
bleeding heart,

I yearn for those eyes
to see and feel
the simmering ache within
for the warm earth
and frozen humanity.

and yes, I cry,
I cry a lot,
when the waves inside
rise and fall, often
without any warning;

the world calls it drama,
an illusion, plain sensitivity,
but hey, I want to tell you
I want to ask you
what the world would do

without a heart that's full
of colours, of every shade,
a vibrant canvas now made
into an insipid monochrome
of black, white and grey?

sometimes I wonder
if my heart's going to burst
and splash its brilliant colours,
and sometimes I also wonder
how much it can hold,

and then just as I feel
my cup is going to shatter,
the taut lump of clay softens
and is reshaped anew
to hold just a little more,

and in that moment
I know I have to be
the eyes I've been looking for,
pouring themselves
into the world, and
into every broken heart.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....