Saturday, May 23, 2015

Song





you sing with someone,
you sing with yourself,
you sing for the song
that makes you want to sing;
and I wonder why
I cannot feel the joy
that you are feeling,
and then I realise
that what I want to feel
is not the joy of listening to you sing,
but the ecstasy in the melancholy –
you know that feeling
when you wake up at five,
draw the curtains,
and open the doors
to let another beautiful day in,
and you hear a little bird
sitting atop some far away tree
whistling to the sun
and the sleeping stars,
and to you in your own universe,
and you feel you are the chosen one
so privileged to hear that song?
I want to feel that,
I want to feel your voice
merge and quiver with my own
in my beating chest,
untouched by the distractions
of an ordinary day,
like the last note in a sequence
that stands alone
and dies into the silence;
I want to know how it feels
to be in that space between
the singer and the audience,
and I want to know
how blessed I would feel
to be both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....