Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sunrise, With You

last night when I saw
your glowing face
in the darkness lit
by a small wick lamp
I didn't think
the sun would rise
and then I was dragged
upstairs
at the stroke of dawn
by the fresh, crisp air
of a summer morn
and birdsong resting
upon the ancient song
of all things in love -
rustling leaves
upon pin drop trees
birds from starbursts
with invisible trails
pioneering the skies
clouds streaking across
the wide open heavens
like inquisitive children
on a mission impossible
butterflies dancing
upon dew-kissed flowers
a garden lizard frozen
against the cracking wall
and a father and daughter
conversing
through the silent storm
raging within veins
of blood and love
touched by the rays
of a golden orb
and I saw
the sunrise, with you





No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....