Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Heart-Seller

The Heart Seller - Pic courtesy www.weheartit.com


some people say
I wear my heart
on my sleeve,
and I often wonder
how that's true;
do I wear my heart
like a pretty accessory
to beautify myself?
I asked,
and my heart said to me -
'no, that's not true!'
for all I do
is to carry my wares,
from one space to another,
sharing stories,
stoking fires,
looking at the stars
in the darkest void,
and weaving dreams together;
and so I walk around
with my basket of flowers,
gathered over many
seasons and climes, 
to rest in the shade
of an ancient tree,
the warmth of the sun,
or a menacing storm,
to open my wares
and sell my heart,
so I can touch yours
as I dip into
and touch mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....