Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I'm not a Beggar for Love

I'm not a beggar for love,
but yes, perhaps I was,
looking for a fist of coins
in a purse drawn too taut;
no, I don't need Facebook likes
and smileys that stick out their tongues,
to tell me who I am
or what they thought they found,
I don't need wise owl comments
that drown the silence
behind the cloud,
I don't need favours, shares
or pats on my upright spine,
to make me stand up and count;
I only want to know
where you will be
when I am lost or scared,
and if you will perhaps shed a tear
at my funeral, not to be my au pair;
I don't need you to sell my heart,
or pronounce my gifts to the world,
for I sell my heart to you
each time I write or share,
because I am enough, I'm full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....