Monday, August 17, 2015

Shadows in the Sun

I walked along the road one day,
eyes glinting in the sun,
wandering along a trail of thoughts
and dreams waiting to be found;
people passed me by,
some smiled, some turned away,
while some others hurried past me,
just another walk, another day;
up ahead in front of me,
a little child stooped over,
I stopped to see what she was doing,
and was completely bowled over!
she moved her hands,
her head, her feet,
and threw back her hair,
and with a smile
that streamed across my heart,
she danced with her shadows
in the blazing sun;
and I watched,
and I joined,
in that moment
of quiet serendipity,
to play with shadows,
hers and mine,
two hearts dancing to a ditty;
she made me stop
in my well-worn tracks,
she brought a song
to a sweltering day,
my heart grew and shrunk
with the changing shadows,
the long and short
of another restful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....