Thursday, November 5, 2015

yes, today....I killed a man.

yes, today
I killed a man.
a man who lived
inside me,
choking me
with my own hands.
yes, today
I killed a man.
not for the world
to watch,
or weep,
or join in
in the revelry.
I killed him
in the quiet
of my own temple,
where I first lit a lamp
to call in the gods
to stand by me.
yes, today
I thrashed him,
I shook him up,
until he opened
his fear-filled eyes,
so I could gouge them out,
and stabbed his frozen heart
until the dark red
oozed and dripped
onto his dead white skin.
yes, today
I killed a man,
who was spent,
a man who I'd wanted to love
but couldn't.
yes, today
I killed a man,
who didn't need a temple,
for he believed he was god;
who was too ravenous to offer
food for my soul,
and so, I let him go;
yes, today
I killed a man.
I fed the pyre
with the burning logs
of my wounded heart,
and watched them burn
as white became black
and crumbled to grey.
yes, today
I killed a man
with my hands,
as I offered myself
and him,
to the gods.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....