Thursday, December 24, 2015

Innerscape, Outerscape

I've had a dream
since I was a kid,
of standing
on the edge
of the cliffs of Dover
on a full moon night,
listening to the waves,
the darkness,
and the silence
of a turning world
speak slowly to me;

today, I stand
threshed by the waves
of time and space,
on the threshold
of a cliff
between two worlds -
supple white limestone
in an endless conversation
with a whispering ocean,
who holds the silence
of all sounds
stretched over her bosom,

and I look into the
fullness of the night,
my languid form
sanded and shaped,
merging into and shaping
the mystery
of an innerscape
that never leaves me,
but only graces me
with her often wild,
intangible presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....