Thursday, December 17, 2015

Use Me

use me
like a doormat,
leave behind
the dirt
that you are too scared
to take with you inside;
use me,
and thank me
as you step on and away
from what you leave behind.

use me
like a log of wood,
axe me
with your love, not fear,
take me
to feed yourself,
to warm your hearth,
to rest upon for a while,
use me,
and thank me
as you cut me
from our roots.

use me
like a pool of water,
dip into me,
let me wash over you,
as you soak
your skins and wounds,
only to rise
with a freshness
and lightness
upon your sun-spangled form;
use me,
and thank me
as you rise up and walk on.

use me
like a blazing fire,
sit close
to warm your tired feet,
share your stories, sing songs,
sit in a deep breath of silence
as the nights flow along;
use me,
and thank me
as you feel the flames rise
inside you,
tempering your dreams
as you wake up and move on.

use me
as you would yourself,
knowing
that every step you take
or don't take,
has its roots
somewhere
in this blessed earth
where we once met.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....