Friday, July 1, 2016

one source

don't look at me
with these eyes,
eyes that have learned
to only see light and dark;
for you will not see me then,
you will only grasp
what you want to know,
in the immediacy
of your inquiry;
and that is not enough;

that is not enough
to breathe into every gene,
to move mountains,
to churn oceans,
to fire up the skies,
to call the heavens down,
to give the earth to the stars,
and to hold
the silence and chatter
of this universe born wild;

don't look at me
with those eyes;
look at me blind -
when what you know
is what you feel,
when what you feel
moves you to dance
that wild dance,
that is neither man,
woman nor animal;

but just a handful of atoms
jiggling in space,
offering themselves up
to be used;
the one source
from where all flows
unlimited, at will,
that belongs to everyone,
not just you or me,
and the walls we see.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....