Monday, October 29, 2012

Being in the eye of the storm

Everywhere today in the news, all that I could hear was talk about the monster storm Sandy that was on its way......visuals of the waves lashing the shores....swirling winds in the satellite images....talk about how massive the hurricane was and what to expect or not expect.

As I watched all this, I could not help but think of what the Universe was trying to tell us through all this. Was it to stop running around like crazy after mundane things....pause....reflect....on what was most important? Was it to pin us down and let us know in a way that we will never forget - that there is nothing that is beyond the power of the earth? Or was it to show us the way to find peace......to look within....deep within....be centred and calm just as the eye of the storm is....amidst all that turmoil and swirling winds around us in this world and our life?

We did make calls to some of our family who live in the areas that are in the path of the hurricane. It was surprising and yet comforting to hear their reactions to our worried voices. From ignorance to indifference to nonchalance to surprise....I did not hear one voice that echoed a surrender......to the power of the universe. Or maybe it was there....but veiled by fear and insecurity. Well, but who am I to say that or even think that? Have I surrendered to my inner self and the Universe? Perhaps a little, but not completely.....perhaps in some things, but not all. And yet, I know in my heart and soul that surrender has to be complete. No questions. No answers. No thought. No feeling. Just being....and Inter-being. That is the way to surrender I believe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....