Sunday, November 17, 2013

Finding my song

A little bird
on a faraway tree,
I lived with a flock,
wild and free;
yet something was wrong
for I could not sing,
like my brothers and sisters,
who serenaded the Wind.
I had lost my voice,
while I listened to them sing,
until one day
my friend - the Wind,
called me to come
to a place he had been;
I shuddered, I quivered
to fly away with him.
So he took me and held me,
and showed me the way,
I grew new wings on my body,
as I flew away;
He roared and he whistled,
and lifted me up high,
to see the rainbow in a grey cloud,
that was passing by;
and then there was silence -
as I closed my eyes,
I heard songs from my family,
I also heard mine!
Each song was so different,
so special, so true,
like colours of the rainbow,
each had its own hue;
So have you found your own song,
to sing out to the world?
I finally found mine!
and I sing it out to you now!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....