Friday, November 22, 2013

The Water's Edge

I stand on the water's edge.
My footprints are but a smudge
on the contours of the dry sand -
an invisible trail
to where I am now.
My eyes dance towards the horizon,
trying to make sense of its elusive existence.
Where does the earth meet the sky?
Where can that invisible place be?
Blue waters and white foam
lap around my sinking feet,
bringing me back
to where I am now.
Rooted, grounded,
in the wet sands
of infinite possibilities...
I see foot marks now-
soon they will be washed away
by the endless waves of time,
to leave no trace of today.
There are no footprints
to leave behind or follow,
when I soak in the presence
of endless abundance
as I stand on the water's edge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....