Thursday, January 7, 2016

Questions

yeah, I've always loved to ask questions,
that's how I've always been,
but I didn't know I asked
the wrong ones sometimes,
until a friend opened my eyes
to possibilities and things left unseen.

I realised then that questions
had to be lived, not answered,
how every question took me
to a different space within -
a sacred space that I could shape,
stretch, bend, lighten or dim.

and so I dance a new dance now
with the questions that I ask,
how to sit with wonder and an emptiness,
like a child lost among the stars,
as I learn how to re-frame them,
while I stumble, grope, fall and laugh.

the next time you ask a question,
I wonder if you'll notice something afresh,
how a 'why' perhaps makes you sink in deeper,
cramping you for space and breath;
how a 'how' perhaps makes you look around,
with a restlessness to move and act;
how a 'when' perhaps takes you into a dark cloud,
where you feel stuck, lonely and slack;
and how a 'what' perhaps turns things around,
opening up your eyes and your chest.

I guess there are different questions to ask,
for different seasons, for different tests,
and I see each 'question' as a 'station' now,
to linger awhile upon an endless 'quest'.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....