Tuesday, June 21, 2016

the breath of Life

under the soft glow
of a pearl,
content,
in the hollow
of her fullness,
I lay down
upon those dark sheets,
wrapping me
with their fidelity,
where skin feels skin,
where every pore
flares open to listen,
to suck in
the breath and bowels
of the earth,
and the warmth of stars
at their nadir,
exploding into
cells come alive,
lighting this skin
of silence,
burning me,
melting me,
into a blob
without a name,
dissolving cords
that stretch from every pore
into eternity,
as I call out every name,
every soul that's filled
this hollow,
offering thanks
for lighting a flame
in this pulsing heart,
that throbs with every turn
of this earth, this cosmos,
as every breath
moves beyond
the contours of this body,
and into crevices
and corners unseen,
resting, feeding
and releasing,
the breath
of my life,
our lives,
Life.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....