Saturday, June 11, 2016

wings

and the bird
she finally spoke,
as she looked out
through the cracked shell
of dreamy blue
and flaming orange,
clearing the hollow
of her throat
sunk between her wings -
"my strength comes not
from this endless flapping,
nor the yearning
for a freedom
that I want to taste
all the time;
it doesn't come from
the passion that drives me
to seek one world
as I rest in the other;
strength rises on its own,
when I listen to the call
from the silence beyond,
that stirs this song
in my heart,
day after day;
when I rest my wings
in this moment,
in the knowing
that I am held
between earth and sky,
where I rise or fall
only upon unseen waves,
always silencing the why."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....