Tuesday, August 9, 2016

mirror dancing

when I was a kid,
I'd spend hours
watching a tiny sparrow
dance into the mirror,
fascinated,
looking at herself
from different angles,
pecking at her own eyes,
calling out to herself,
flying here and there,
like a yo-yo gone wild;

some things never change

today,
I stand in front of a mirror,
not knowing how to move,
staring into the eyes of Desire
looking back at me,
watching how she dances with me,
with every move I make
or don't,
as she laughs into these pores
now stilled into a trance,
baring their roots,
while she swallows me whole
wherever I choose to go,
as I follow the call of a heart
enamored by the mystery of a life
that can be lived anyhow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....