Sunday, August 28, 2016

the shoreline

I've never understood boundaries.
The word bound me to something
I could not put my finger on.
I felt suffocated.
I felt I was dying.
rigor mortis.
wails.
pangs.
ruthless stabs.

I had a dream.
I was walking along the shore.
sun-dappled sand.
dancing crabs.
shells clinking beneath my feet,
like coins pouring out
of a slot machine.
footprints washed dead.
eyes pinned every now and then
to a blurry horizon,
waves running away,
then catching me by surprise.

boundaries.

the intersections
where water
meets land
meets feet
meets crabs
meets shells
meets desire
meets silence
meets emotions
meets eternity
meets now
on the shoreline
always changing
as I walk
or stay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....