Saturday, April 26, 2014

Being Naked

You think I've lost my mind,
for you see me talking
to no one and yet to everyone.
You think I have no shame,
for you can see my bare body
through my tattered, ill-fitting clothes.
You think I have no home,
for you see me wander and sleep
out on the open streets or under the sky.
You think I have no name,
for I don't remember mine
even when you ask me time and again.
You think I'm a lost cause,
for what you see in me
doesn't match yours.
Hey, but let me tell you this -
You don't see me.
You don't know me.
You don't feel me.
For you see only with your own eyes.
When you can stop and look
with the eyes of another,
you will see me,
you will hear me,
you will feel me,
and you will know then
that I own the world,
that I am naked and free -
I have no holdings,
I have no bearings, and
yet remind you always,
to celebrate you in me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....