Monday, April 21, 2014

When I die

when I die
I don't want you to cry;
I want you to look for me
in the dew-drenched forest
where an unshakeable stillness is born
that keeps you forever loved and warm;
where a silent spring gushes forth
to quench your oft parched throat;
where the birds sing their song to the sky
with unbridled sadness or joy ;
where peacocks dance to court their mate
in a sweet and sacred self-forgetting;
where the breath wanders in and out
like a little child playing hide and seek;
where trees stand steadfast through eons
for in their changing and giving, they live on;
where the fragrant earth holds up everything
that is and is not, with unconditional reverence;
when I die
I don't want you to cry;
I want you to look for me in you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....