Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Notes to Myself - 3

Lakshman Rekha

What does living on the edge mean to me?
It means living at the edge of my comfort zone...my lakshman rekha.
My comfort zone is the little bubble that I create for myself.....the little space that feels safe....where I can retreat to when I feel the slightest unease or discomfort with something or someone.
But this is not a permanently defined space.....it is ever-expanding and ever-changing....
As I draw my own lakshman rekha, I define my comfort zone for myself, now.
My lakshman rekha is defined by my beliefs, my openness of heart and my own life experiences.
Each time the beliefs I hold on to dissolve and fade, and my heart becomes more open to giving and receiving, and I connect the dots in my ever-evolving life, I draw myself a new lakshman rekha.
Only to wipe this one away....and draw another one.....and another....





 ****************************************

Love seeks its own level

Love seeks its own level. Just like water.
It does not depend on the shape or size of the container that holds it.
It will fill up anything that holds the space for it.
Love flows when there is an open connection at both ends.
When there is instability in either of the containers, but the connections are open, readjustments and changes will occur naturally so that equilibrium is maintained.


*****************************************


Respecting the essence

When I understand and respect my own essence, I set myself free.
When I understand and respect the essence of another, I set that person free.
Connection is about understanding and respecting the essence of our own self and the other.
When you connect with someone, you love him/her in a way that makes him/her feel free.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....