Sunday, November 6, 2016

back to myself

I went to the sky
and asked for some light,
but all she gave me
was her blue-black silence.
I went to the earth
and asked for a hug,
but all she gave me
was her fragrant silence.
I went to the wind
and asked for a song,
but all he gave me
was his steadfast silence,
I went to the sun
and asked for a spark,
but all he gave me
was his fiery silence,
I went to the ocean
and asked for some rest,
but all she gave me
was her unruly silence.

and then,
I sat with myself,
boring into those silent wells
now gone dry,
and in the deathly hush
that wrapped me tight,
I suddenly felt
that faint spark,
that unforgettable song,
that welcome hug,
that still sanctum,
and that one voice,
that belonged
to myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....