Tuesday, November 22, 2016

soulsspeak

the poems that write me
get written
even as they make me cry,
but not this one :)

this one came
like a happy firefly
dancing with herself
in her own light,

as she sang this out to me -

'one day
when we meet again,
i'll tell you how
I came upon this dance -
when you made me laugh
holding my insides,
when i got to know
how your souls
had already spoken
to one another,
written their scripts,
designed their costumes,
and chosen their roles
to be played to perfection,
a stream of white lies
that must be spoken
and dreamed,
and shattered,
while you sat here
groping
in the shadows of your skins -
of who you were,
who you were becoming,
together,
a joke that you must
share, live, laugh about
and sell.'

soulsspeak
before you can hear them,
so be quiet, and listen.
lol :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....