Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I love my books!

I love the smell
of my books -
each one fragrant
with the love
that someone shared
with my soul....

I love the feel
of my books -
each one holds
the texture of emotions
that caress my insides
until they grow numb....

I love the look
of my books -
dog-eared memories
of sleepless nights,
hand-written love notes
that tingle flitting thoughts...

I love my books -
for each one
has grown with me
like a friend;
they sit on dusty shelves -
mute witnesses
to forgotten paths
and tender moments
triumphs and tribulations....

I love my books -
for each one
is a part of me
that I cherish and love;
tossing up thoughts
of by-gone days,
refreshing hope
with the turn of a page...

When I turn a page
in my book,
I turn a page
in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....