Thursday, July 31, 2014

Coming Home to You, Mother



You gave me my first home
as you carried me with you,
for nine long months
safe, inside your sacred womb.

You gave me my second home
as you cradled and nourished me
with your breath 
and your warm bosom.

You gave me my third home
as you made space for me
to take my first unsure steps
into an unknown world.

You gave me my fourth home
when you held and rocked me
to feel  safe enough to sleep
when I had lost my way to myself.

You gave me my fifth home
when you showed me the way
to love something beyond myself
so that I could get back to loving myself.

You gave me my sixth home
when you gifted me both -
roots to hold onto, and wings
to fly to a nest of my own making.

You gave me my seventh home
when I had my baby
and you held him in your arms,
the way you had held me.

You gave me my eighth home
when you stayed with me,
held my hand, and wiped my tears,
to give me strength, when I was ill.

You gave me my ninth home
when I gave my baby
the space to grow and be himself -
what life gave to me, when I was in you.

You gave me my eternal home – myself,
so I could open it out to the world,
while I find my way back,
to come home to myself
and to you, my dear Mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....