Saturday, July 26, 2014

Notes to Myself - 9

Everything takes time. It's own time. A seed holds much potential - a flower, a fruit, or even a tree. But it does not become a flower, a fruit or a tree when you prise it open. We need to let it be for as long as it takes and let Life do the needful. Truth is like the seed. You cannot unearth it or discover it or force it to emerge. It opens up and emerges in its own time, in its own way. All we can do is wait for the emerging or flowering, and enjoy the waiting, without waiting!

******************


Your intention creates your reality.


******************

I rarely watch the news on TV anymore, or read the newspaper....most news seems so lopsided and utterly one-sided....and so I feel there is no point...tonight was one of those rare occasions and the debate was on the rape of the 6 year old in Bangalore followed by another case elsewhere...and this was the question that was bubbling up inside me...yes, she and many other kids or women must be scarred or traumatized for life because of what happened.....yes, some people remain scarred for life, while some people move on....but what about the medical examination that they must undergo afterwards to confirm rape? Would that have been very pleasant to undergo? One report said that a girl was lying naked for over two hours for her examination to get over.....how must that have felt for her? Does anyone care to ask her that? Wouldn't that be violation too?

I remember how violated I felt when I went for my delivery to the hospital, and the nurses kept intruding to check if I was in labour and how much the dilatation was every now and then, with utter disrespect to my body and my feelings of discomfort and pain....wouldn't that amount to rape too? Why do we have such narrow definitions and narrow lenses through which we see the world and its many problems? Why don't we hear more stories and news items of men and young boys being raped? Is it that we don't want to see and talk about those?


*******************


One of the hardest lessons for me to learn was to stay with the feeling of being unloved and even hated, and that even if I choose to love everyone who crosses my path, not all of them will love me...some will even hate me....and that is quite okay....learning to let go of the need to feel by loved by everyone has been the most challenging and yet the most liberating learning for me...and the letting go happens not in one go, but one person at a time...

******************


When I give space to my child to be his true self, I give him the space to learn the most important lesson in life - to trust himself.....his body, mind and spirit. When he learns to trust himself, he learns to trust life. When he learns to live in this way, trusting himself and life, he doesn't need any protection from anything or anyone. Trust is his armor and his weapon. For he is in constant touch with himself and life. He knows when to act and how, and when to be silent. He is the true warrior.

******************


To live in the moment is to raise a toast to life with an empty glass....you don't look to fill up the empty glass, you just raise it anyway, with a smile and a quiet celebration, and let life fill it up for you.

******************


Do unto others what you would like them to do unto you.
P.S. But to avoid heartache, don't expect them to.


*****************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....