Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Monkey Bars and the Mind

My thoughts are like the rungs of the monkey bars.
I can hold on to each thought as much as I want to, and for as long as I want to.
If I hold on to or stay with just one thought, I will only hang and stay in the same place. I will not get anywhere.
But that is beautiful too. For I can just hang and feel joy in the staying and hanging in one place and enjoy the view and the stillness.
The other thing that I can do is to hold on to each thought just enough, so as to let go of one rung and move on to the next. There is beauty and grace in this movement too. For every thought helps me move on. And while I am moving, if I watch closely, I will be able to enjoy the stillness in the gap - the gap between each rung....just after I let go of one and hold on to the next rung.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....