Wednesday, April 20, 2016

free me

you told me it was okay,
to let it all just be,
to watch it all unfold,
the me I know, and
don't know how to be,
how to feel free to be me,

you spoke of the beauty
of this sculpture of ice,
upon the roaring sea,
how to feel the quiet melting,
how to celebrate the vastness
of what lies beneath,

you showed me this
without really showing me,
how I could choose to see,
this child, this parent,
and broken soul,
all trying to be 'me',

you showed me different ways
I could hold my sacred self,
how to scoop up that screaming child
in these doting arms,
with a promise to not leave her,
and to stay, for she was mine.

you held me with your kindness,
shining a beam of light
upon those dark-filled corners,
unused rooms dusted, reopened now,
revealing a 'me',
steeped in all colours,

and with every turn of your hand
guiding these half-blind eyes
to feel what they could not see,
shards fell into the stillness
of a sacred clearing,
forming a changing picture of me.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....