Saturday, April 9, 2016

the last frontier

would you close your eyes
and just listen?
would you feel how
you push on me
with your walls?
would you hear
those old rakes
grate against
hardened clods
of fear and pride?
would you squeeze
and empty out
the stale breath
that keeps you safe
in this cracked shell?
and then, only then,
would you just let me in?

would you hold me lightly
in your imploding folds,
letting me come
and go at will?
would you let me flow
into you, to fill you
and those  deep dark corners
that you hide
from an unkind world?
would you let me burn
your insides,
and then stay with
the burning dross
in your belly,
as you prime yourself
for this endless
graceful dance?


and then,
in that blessed moment,
when all becomes still,
when you can no longer
hear yourself or me,
when you don't quite know
whether I'm in or out,
somewhere or nowhere,
when you've filled
this temple
with your whole being,
and you suddenly find
there are no walls,
just endless space
extending into
nothingness,
in that moment perhaps,
you would have let me in,
to feel your skin
against mine,
to touch
the last frontier,
where you and I
can explode
into the stillness,
and look into
the mouth
of this whole
universe,
in one breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....