Thursday, May 8, 2014

Being Peace

I see a tranquil pond.
I soak my roots
in its wetness,
depth
and stillness.
I am not the pond,
and yet I am.

A shriveled pod
plunges into the stillness,
seeking a closure
in new waters,
that it did not find
in the tree
from where it fell?

Old, ripe leaves
bob around happily,
creating new patterns,
of water and earth,
undisturbed
by the new arrival.

The serene waters give -
give in to the pod
that fell into their quiet folds,
give in to the dainty ripples
that make them come alive
in a new way,
give in to the old leaves
that create their own work of art.

It is the nature of the shriveled pod to fall.
It is the nature of the old, ripe leaves to float.
It is the nature of the waters to give, and give in.
Peace comes from being true to your very nature.
Peace then becomes a sedative to the senses.
Peace. Awareness. Connection.
Being Peace.
That is who I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....