Saturday, May 17, 2014

Notes to Myself - 2

When you find something to love in everyone and everything that comes into your life, you are finding something to love in yourself, and so are always being filled up or full.

                                                       *****************

I find it funny and strange when people say "don't fight like kids" to two adults who are fighting....kids do fight, and sometimes intensely, but they often move on to doing something that they love together, unless we as adults interfere in that process and put thoughts into their heads......kids never seem to hold on to the past or the future...they never seem to hold anything but love and joy in their hearts...

                                                       *****************

Between our aspirations to be like sages and our failings that make us even demons, is a place where we can just BE...our beautiful selves...
We cannot make the world a better place....we can only be....we can only live fully and let live....because the world IS already a beautiful place as it IS!

  
                                                        *****************

There are only two things on my mind now....almost like a mantra for me..."To thine own self be true and it shall follow, as the night the day"...and this - "Close your eyes and open your heart"....
In the midst of a lot of turmoil, these words give me the strength to follow my heart as I have always done....I trust myself, I trust my heart, and I trust everything that comes along in my life as a consequence of that...there is no other way for me....no other way that I know of...and it does not matter whether I fail or succeed, whether I am judged one way or the other, but it matters to me that I tried, that I was/am myself....that is enough.....more than enough...I am enough.


                                                        *****************

Sometimes what we do or say can go unseen or stay unheard.
Sometimes our staying away from someone or something, or our silence can be misinterpreted - that we don't care enough or that we are being selfish.
Sometimes we will be judged for being who we are, and for being who we are not.
We will be judged anyway. Because that is the nature of the mind.
We all judge ourselves and others.
But what do we do with that judgement?
What do we do after the mind has played out?
Do we then make room for the heart to play out?
Do we listen to that quiet, inner voice that is telling us something even through its silence, or do we shush it away?
When we are at peace with our own selves, we step away from being in the witness box or in the judge's seat.
We all make an impact. We all make a difference, even if we don't know how.

In nature, everything affects everything else.....perhaps that is why, each creature is at peace with itself....they probably work and live with a deep knowing that when they are at peace with themselves, they contribute to the peace and well-being of a whole ecosystem.

  
                                                    *****************

When the whole ground seems to be falling from beneath you, all you can do is to hold on to your little heart and let go of everything else?
 
                                                    *****************
 
 I can see violence in me, and perhaps am not expressing it now because that button/trigger fails to operate in me....maybe because something else has taken over...I do see violence as an expression of love that we have not yet understood...and when I see violence I am trying and wanting to look beyond into love..
 
                                                     *****************
 
I am feeling more and more now that if I show or express my love to someone, and that is not reciprocated, perhaps that love is flowing through that person in another direction or to touch someone else. Love is an energy and life force that cannot be created or destroyed. It can only transform and be transformed.
 
                                                     *****************
 
I am beginning to see how anger is actually an expression of love......just that we see it so differently that we cannot see beyond what it manifests as.
 
                                                    *****************
 
  To hold the space in your mind and heart, between two people you like, who don't see eye to eye, is much like sitting on the fence.....but the view that you get from there is something that they cannot see, only you can...until the fence breaks perhaps, some day, some time, or perhaps never.....who knows, and who cares? It is best to enjoy the view as it lasts and soak in the beauty of both worlds, however painful or joyous it might be....NOW....that is all that matters.
 
                                                      *****************
 
 When you stay with and witness the pain of a struggle, you cannot help but see the beauty that is unfolding quietly and surely.....because there is simply no other way....everything is beautiful, whether we choose to see it that way or not.....that is the reality that we run away from, the truth that we want to hide, the face that we do not want to see and reveal.
 
                                                     *****************
 
Animals mark their territories with their scent and body fluids.
We humans mark our territories with our stories, our beliefs.
To connect with one another, both animals and humans have to tread into each others' territories, however strong the markings, stories and beliefs may be. There is simply no other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....