Thursday, May 29, 2014

"Beingness"

Today
when I close my eyes,
there is no longing;
there is a simple "beingness".

Today
when I close my eyes,
I open my heart
to myself;
a tiny leaf free falling
to rest unto itself,
on the warm, moist earth.

Today
as I open my heart,
the gentle rain from my eyes
falls into the deep well of stillness,
the relentless waves of my breath
rise and fall as they give and take life;
the ripples on my tranquil heart
dance with abandon in the morning sun,
the quivering leaves in my throat
are caressed and stirred awake by the passing wind,
the lone baobab stands rooted in my gut -
a silent oasis in the empty desert sands,
the brewing storm of wild thoughts
explodes into the darkness of my mind.

Today
as I open my heart,
I see, I feel,
I touch, I hear;
everything is inside me,
when I simply "be".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....