Sunday, October 9, 2016

tell me who you are

tell me who you are
when you go to sleep,
tell me what you wear,
some make-up and lipstick,
your well-brushed hair,
someone's favourite lingerie
or the sheer covers
of your heart's deepest longing,

tell me what you sleep on,
where you rest your head,
on worries unresolved
clawing their way
through those endless grooves,
or the softness of your mind
resting on accounts settled
and closed for the day,

tell me what goes on inside you,
stories of your dreams, or nightmares,
the restless river of reason without a shore,
the tingling of passion being stoked,
or the silence of a dark night
with no questions left,
except this one -
who am I?

tell me who you are
when you disappear
into the ripples of that clear pool,
where everything is at rest,
when everything comes undone,
when there are no more games to play,
when you rise from the throes of death
to live a life that must be lived well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, thought or comment? Please share them with me....